Thu, 18 Jan|
The Snug, Grosvenor Arms Hotel
Planet Shaftesbury working meeting
Tonight's agenda offers a review of the status of the Sustainable Shaftesbury plan: Do we yet know what role the town council will adopt? Which of the plan's themes will we prioritise for community engagement?A structured informal meeting open to all interested in this agenda.
Time & Location
18 Jan 2024, 19:30 – 21:30
The Snug, Grosvenor Arms Hotel, High St, Shaftesbury SP7 8JA, UK
About the Event
Our last meeting (14th December) took place just 2 days after an extraordinary town council meeting to consider the revised Sustainable Shaftesbury Policy and Action Plan. On the night, councillors decided they needed more time to understand the detail of the plan before deciding whether they could adopt it.
At our meeting we agreed that there were two dimensions to our/'Planet Shaftesbury's response: first to support councillors, engaging as appropriate to 'get the plan landed', and second to embark on the development of a strategy for public engagement around the plan's themes. Specific minutes from this meeting were:
- Encourage more people to attend the next town council meeting when adoption of the town sustainability, climate, biodiversity report will be discussed.
- Have as many people as possible and willing to prepare short 1 minute (or less) statements to present on that occasion.
- Lobby individual councillors in support of the report. Lucy to provide background notes to the report and its main themes.
- Diana to compile background notes on individual councillors (based on the town's own website) for reference by those who haven't previously engaged with our councillors.
- Arrange a further PS meeting to determine which of the strands in the sustainable report PS would like to work on. Preferred date Thursday 18th January.
- Another discussion to be had about the newsletter.