Thu, 20 Oct|
Shaftesbury Town Hall
Planet Shaftesbury Monthly Meeting
An informal gathering of people from across the network. We'll update one another about our events and activities over recent weeks and engage with plans being made for events and activities over winter months. Open to all. Free admission.
Time & Location
20 Oct 2022, 19:30 – 21:30
Shaftesbury Town Hall, 21 High St, Shaftesbury SP7 8JE, UK
About the Event
This meeting follows a busy few weeks where we aimed to build on the success of Shaftesbury 2030: Choosing our future at Shaftesbury School in May. Did we create more buzz? What events will be happening this winter? And what else has been happening in our various projects? Come and catch up during this informal gathering.
For those currently engaged with a project or involved in organising events (past or future), this meeting provides a marketplace. If this describes you, use the meeting as an opportunity to set your stall out. Or if you've not been along for a while, come to find out what's happening and show your support. We've missed you! This is an incomplete list of activities and events that we could cover:
- Hedgehog-friendly Shaftesbury, with rescue update
- Collaboration with Shaftesbury School: the Future Series
- 'Wild Flower Verges' & more: supporting the Town Council to improve management of the town environment
- 'What can I do?' - engagement with September display at the Library, the accompanying survey, and the discussion. What next?
- Autumn film/talks: (Kiss the Ground; Electric Car Club; The Right Artificial Lighting at Night) - attendance and reactions (& Great Big Green Week)
- Open Greener Homes: local participation in this Dorset-wide event
- Shaftesbury Tree Group (not forgetting hedgerows), talks and planting plans
- Shaftesbury Homegrown
- Supporting Planet Shaftesbury - reflections from our 'back office'
The meeting will start with a welcome circle and brief introduction to the activities and events represented in the room. You could bring information relevant to one of these topics, or an additional activity if you want, but if you have anything to share please be ready to introduce it very briefly in this first part of the evening (aim at 3 mins max).
After a break (with refreshments - feel free to bring treats to share) you'll have the opportunity to describe or find out more about the things that interest you &/or to join in with smaller group discussions. You could bring posters or sign-up sheets to display during this part of the evening (or make them on the night).
This meeting will be particularly useful for 'first-timers' or people who only join occasional monthly meetings. As usual, we aim to finish by 9.30pm.
We will continue to be cautious about Covid, staying away if we have any symptoms or have tested positive, respecting one another's space, keeping the room ventilated, and with mask-wearing optional. Meeting will start at 7.30. The hall will be open from 7pm - come early to help set up!