Thu, 18 Nov|
Shaftesbury Town Hall
Planet Shaftesbury Monthly Meeting
At this meeting we expect to share our understanding of what has just happened at COP26 and refine our plans for outreach accordingly. All managed in a covid-cautious way. Refreshments. Open to all. Free admission.
Time & Location
18 Nov 2021, 19:30 – 21:30
Shaftesbury Town Hall, 21 High St, Shaftesbury SP7 8JE, UK
About the Event
This is a good place to start for people new to Planet Shaftesbury. It's an opportunity to join in as we review COP26. What can we offer to address the concerns and needs of Shaftesbury households? How will our future meetings and public events address the situation we face?
In October we started to consider where we could have a presence in the town, how we can respond to increased awareness of the climate emergency, and what we can offer to people who want to make life-style changes. In November we'll continue and consolidate our planning, taking account of the outcomes from COP26. If you're joining us this month but missed last month's meeting then you may find it helpful to see October's newsletter - available on this website.
We will be operating cautiously in this environment where Covid is circulating and have set out the detail of this in the notes below. Register on Eventbrite (link below). Meeting will start at 7.30. The hall will be open from 7pm - come early to help set up!
Of course, if you have any Covid-like symptoms you should stay at home but, if you're well and want to come along, what do you need to do? What steps are being taken to increase safety for participants?
To join a meeting safely please:
- Register through Eventbrite. You won’t need a ticket but this enables us to set a limit on numbers so that we don't become over-crowded.
- Expect it to be similar to going to a café under Covid guidelines in June 2021: we’re encouraging you to come along a few minutes early to sign in, wear a mask on entry until seated and use the sanitiser which will be available.
- During breaks make full use of outside areas for distanced mingling and mask up for moving around inside.
- Feedback and suggestions will be appreciated by email to Rachel, email@example.com
Planet Shaftesbury’s ‘Covid-cautious’ preparations:
- Meetings will have a clear theme and focus and we'll be functioning well within the recommended 50% of the Town Hall’s capacity.
- Chairs, and tables if being used, will be arranged to enable social distancing.
- The room will be well ventilated.
- Any break will be long enough to meet everyone’s needs without risk of crowding to access the w/c or refreshments.
- Any discussion during a meeting will be managed in a way that enables us to maintain safe distances.
- We'll continue to work within the framework of a comprehensive risk assessment responding to national rules, advisory guidance, local statistics, common sense and feedback received.