Thu, 19 Aug|
Shaftesbury Town Hall
Planet Shaftesbury Meeting in Person
This evening we expect to restart our regular meetings on the 3rd Thursday of the month. There'll be covid-cautious opportunities for informal connections & reconnections, we'll share news & ambitions for forthcoming events, and make plans. Refreshments. Open to all. Free admission.
Time & Location
19 Aug 2021, 19:30 – 21:30
Shaftesbury Town Hall, 21 High St, Shaftesbury SP7 8JE, UK
About the Event
This is a good place to start for people new to Planet Shaftesbury, and a good place to bring information and ideas if you're looking for support for a project that is part of our collective response to climate breakdown or the crisis affecting nature. At this first 'in person' general meeting for some time we'll look ahead, identifying the themes that will be the focus of meetings in the coming months. What are your priorities? What would you like to know more about? Are there issues you'd like to discuss or debate? Films or speakers you'd like in our schedule?
We will be operating cautiously in this environment where Covid is circulating and have set out the detail of this in the notes below. Meeting will start at 7.30. The hall will be open from 7pm - come early to help set up!
Of course, if you have any Covid-like symptoms you should stay at home but, if you're well and want to come along, what do you need to do? What steps are being taken to increase safety for participants?
To join a meeting safely please:
- Register through Eventbrite. You won’t need a ticket but this enables us to set a limit on numbers so that we don't become over-crowded.
- Expect it to be similar to going to a café under Covid guidelines in June 2021: we’re encouraging you to come along a few minutes early to sign in, wear a mask on entry until seated and use the sanitiser which will be available.
- During breaks make full use of outside areas for distanced mingling and mask up for moving around inside.
- Feedback and suggestions will be appreciated by email to Rachel, firstname.lastname@example.org
Planet Shaftesbury’s ‘Covid-cautious’ preparations:
- Meetings will have a clear theme and focus and we'll be functioning well within the recommended 50% of the Town Hall’s capacity.
- Chairs, and tables if being used, will be arranged to enable social distancing.
- The room will be well ventilated.
- Any break will be long enough to meet everyone’s needs without risk of crowding to access the w/c or refreshments.
- Any discussion during a meeting will be managed in a way that enables us to maintain safe distances.
- We'll continue to work within the framework of a comprehensive risk assessment responding to national rules, advisory guidance, local statistics, common sense and feedback received.