Thu, 14 Jul|
Energy Security & Net Zero in Dorset
Dorset Climate Action Network & Planet Purbeck are inviting us to this online (Zoom) session with speakers offering a variety of perspectives on the opportunities and challenges we face across Dorset. Pre-register using link below.
Time & Location
14 Jul 2022, 19:00 – 20:30
About the Event
Poppy Maltby, Dorset resident
- Head of Cities and Regions at Regen, a not-for-profit centre of energy expertise and market insight whose mission is to transform the world’s energy systems for a zero carbon future.
- Author of the widely respected report, Low Carbon Investment Opportunities in Dorset, providing an assessment of the opportunities and natural advantages which could place Dorset at the forefront of the net zero transition, along with proposals for ten project areas where significant investment could be attracted!
- Author of the popular and well-informed Carbon Commentary and the critically acclaimed book 'What we need to do now', was very well received when he spoke in Shaftesbury pre-Covid
- International speaker on decarbonisation. Here is one of his many talks to business.
- He will focus on the need for speed in decarbonising and explain how existing energy suppliers can still profit by assisting this transition.
- Plus, how the whole world can decarbonise almost exclusively by using renewable electricity and green hydrogen.
Prof Rear Admiral Neil Morisetti, Dorset resident (Stour Provost)
- Professor of Climate and Resource Security at UCL
- Royal Navy as Commander UK Maritime Forces & Commandant of the Joint Services Command and Staff College
- Worked for the UK government in the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
- Acted as the UK Government Climate and Energy Security Envoy, where he was involved in drafting the UK 2012 Energy Security Strategy, and then the Foreign Secretary’s Special Representative for Climate Change.
- Plus International Fellow of the Australian Security Leaders Climate Group.
Ralph Watts, Dorset resident
- United Kingdom Atomic Energy Authority (UKAEA) at Winfrith in Dorset,
- Nuclear Design Engineer at Ontario Hydro in Toronto Canada including an international project to develop nuclear fusion.
- President and CEO of Kinectrics Inc in Canada
- Strategy Director of AEA Technology Battery Systems
- Career has covered all aspects of the energy industry, including hydroelectric power, coal fired power, carbon capture and storage, renewable energy, and electrical transmission and distribution.
- Managing Director of the Power and Energy business in Halcrow Group Ltd