Thu, 16 Sept|
Shaftesbury Town Hall
Planet Shaftesbury Meeting in Person
This evening's meeting falls just one week before the Great Big Tree Festival and Dorset Greener Homes. As well as tackling outstanding practicalities for these events we'll be looking ahead to meetings in October/November. Refreshments. Open to all. Register on Eventbrite.
Time & Location
16 Sept 2021, 19:30 – 21:30
Shaftesbury Town Hall, 21 High St, Shaftesbury SP7 8JE, UK
About the Event
This is a good place to start for people new to Planet Shaftesbury. It's an opportunity to contribute to the practical support and smooth running of two public events promoted locally by Planet Shaftesbury: the Great Big Tree Festival (23-26th Sept) and the county-wide Dorset Greener Homes (25/26 Sept & 2/3 Oct). If time permits we'll also firm up the plans for our meetings in October and November when we want to equip ourselves for effective outreach during this time of heightened awareness of the climate and ecological emergencies.
We will be operating cautiously in this environment where Covid is circulating and have set out the detail of this in the notes below. Meeting will start at 7.30. The hall will be open from 7pm - come early to help set up!
Of course, if you have any Covid-like symptoms you should stay at home but, if you're well and want to come along, what do you need to do? What steps are being taken to increase safety for participants?
To join a meeting safely please:
- Register through Eventbrite. You won’t need a ticket but this enables us to set a limit on numbers so that we don't become over-crowded.
- Expect it to be similar to going to a café under Covid guidelines in June 2021: we’re encouraging you to come along a few minutes early to sign in, wear a mask on entry until seated and use the sanitiser which will be available.
- During breaks make full use of outside areas for distanced mingling and mask up for moving around inside.
- Feedback and suggestions will be appreciated by email to Rachel, email@example.com
Planet Shaftesbury’s ‘Covid-cautious’ preparations:
- Meetings will have a clear theme and focus and we'll be functioning well within the recommended 50% of the Town Hall’s capacity.
- Chairs, and tables if being used, will be arranged to enable social distancing.
- The room will be well ventilated.
- Any break will be long enough to meet everyone’s needs without risk of crowding to access the w/c or refreshments.
- Any discussion during a meeting will be managed in a way that enables us to maintain safe distances.
- We'll continue to work within the framework of a comprehensive risk assessment responding to national rules, advisory guidance, local statistics, common sense and feedback received.