Thu, 17 Feb|
Our Shaftesbury 2030 event planning session
Planet Shaftesbury is currently hosting online sessions twice a month. This meeting will continue planning an event to be hosted at Shaftesbury School in May. More details below. Open to all.
Time & Location
17 Feb 2022, 19:30
About the Event
Join this Planet Shaftesbury online meeting. Informal and welcoming; introduce yourself and join in.
Shaftesbury School is hosting a major student event with a focus on the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in May. Planet Shaftesbury is collaborating with the school for that event, and will follow it up with an event for older students, parents and others about a week later. You can see more about the collaboration through our Projects page.
The planning for the later event is still at an early stage and this meeting gives you chance to shape our thinking. The bullet points below were set out after previous discussions on 3rd Feb.
- Event to take place after school finishes, our target date is 19th May - still to be confirmed by the school. Timings not yet fixed.
- Event to be promoted by the school to parents and older students as well as through our usual channels. Payment / booking arrangements not determined.
- Event to be titled 'Shaftesbury 2030: choosing our future'
- The evening to include opportunities for participants to hear 2 or more speakers (or watch short films running in parallel with the talks) with participants making choices of talk/film. The topics to link to the UN SDGs addressed by the student event and the talks to make connections with actions that the participants can take, relevant to Shaftesbury and the local area.
- After the talks/films participants to form discussion groups with others from the same geographical area. There will be refreshments served to each table - preferably substantial enough to constitute a meal. The structure for the discussion still fluid but one output to be questions for the following session.
- Final session to be a panel discussion with former speakers & others. The session to move towards some pointers relevant to a vision of Shaftesbury Area 2030 and to consolidate participants' own resolve for actions in their lives/households. Chair for this session tba.
- Ideas are evolving and the process is being co-ordinated by Karen Wimhurst. To add yourself to the small group refining ideas and liaising with the school, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
For this meeting all you need is a computer, tablet or phone that can run Zoom
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 860 4879 2933